"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Happy Family" Star Book

I wanted to share yet another project I made with the recent Front Porch Kit.   Because my children are all grown and none live locally, I don't have many family photos except from Christmas and weddings and I wasn't sure if they would coordinate with the bright colors and patterns in this kit. But I think it worked out well.

I created this star book which (closed) measures 4" tall and 6" wide.  This photo shows the book closed.


This is a closeup of the flowers.  The yellow polka dot flower was made with the "Build-a-Flower" template that is included on the CD in the kit.  Three paper flowers of different sizes are stacked together,   molded with a "rock and roll" technique and finished with a button in the center.  The dark blue coiled flower is made with a strip of denim fabric.


This is a view from the top showing the seven different "signatures" that make up the book.  You can see the star shape, hence the name of this kind of book!



On the pop-out headers at the top of each page, I alternated embellishing them with the orange rick rack and the yellow ball fringe.


On the right page below you can see the torn sandpaper strip (yes, that was in the kit!) that I added to some beach photos along with a few tiny shells.






 I color-misted all the mini scalloped chipboard pieces and used them for journaling.  A torn strip of denim was used for the closure ties.  Everything used in the book (except the shells) was in the kit and I still have lots of products left over!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the star book susan, it turned out beautifully.

Elaine said...

Wow Susan! This looks amazing, I just love how the star holds it's shape (plus your LO of each page is darling to boot!)

Elaine Akers said...

Love your colorful star book. Wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic project...love your beautiful Star Book! Diann