"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, March 19, 2012

Inspired by Hero Arts

This card created by Tami Harley was featured on the Hero Arts blog today. You can check out the post here.

I was instantly inspired to make something similar, but instead of a card I did a page in my art journal.  I already had a page gessoed and had decoupaged wrinkly tissue on it so my background was ready to go.



I don't have any of the stamps that were used, so I substituted what I did have.  The background was painted with blue and green acrylic paints and overstamped randomly with a text stamp.  I loosely painted a flower with white and red paints and then stamped a Claudine Hellmuth flower over the paints.  I stamped the leaves from the same set onto dark green cardstock, cut them out and glued them to the background, drawing in a stem.  I punched a yellow circle from cardstock and glued it to the center of the flower and added a button.  The sentiment is an old clear stamp that I stamped on white cardstock, inked and glued to background.

This was a quick and fun project for a very rainy, stormy day. Brightened my spirits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very cute, love the page for your art journal.