"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More FPK Projects

I'm in LOVE with this Nature's Charm kit. The colors are springy and beautiful without being the expected pastel palette.  I made lots of projects for the online inspiration gallery on the NEW website


Here's a layout featuring a favorite photo of my four daughters, taken in East Texas at Thanksgiving this year. I used the looped wire piece as a mask for the background, misting with several colors of ink sprays.  A piece of the wire is also layered behind the pocket in the lower right corner. The dovetailed paper strips are all from the kit.



Here's a closeup of the background where you can see a hint of the mask.




Here's a closeup of the cute kraft pocket embossed and inked. I used one of the journaling cards inside the pocket instead of the library card that originally came in it.


 I also did a two-page spread in my art journal.  With all the many layers, it's hard to see the papers I started with, but they were from the kit as well. I used lots of inks, paints, charcoal pencil and India inks on these pages.



Can you see the smoke coming from the chimneys in these photos?  They are pieces cut from that same bright green looped wire piece, but painted white.




This Front Porch Kit is still available for purchase either at the LBH or online. Get yours now!

2 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

LOVE these .... you are moving on lady .... such great stuff .... Linda F

Unknown said...

Your AJ pages are so AMAZING! The colors and rich textures. WOW. I'm inspired.