"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, January 3, 2014

Catching Up



This is a canvas I created for my daughter and her husband for Christmas.  I had seen a similar one on Pinterest and, when they went to Destin, FL, this summer, I requested a photo of little Carl looking out toward the water.  It took me a long time to get to the project but I was happy with the result.

I crumpled regular white tissue paper and decoupaged it to an 11" x 14" canvas.  Then I used the photo for the placement of the sand, water and sky.  I painted the areas until they looked "right" and added a bit of torn patterned mulberry paper for clouds.  The photo is 5" x 7" and the sentiment was an old rub on that was perfect!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Susan, this is so cool! I love the idea and you did a great job with it! Happy New Year!

Sue Kosec said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Worth the wait!
SuZeQ