"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Evolution of an Art Journal Page

I've had this art journal page in the works for quite awhile now and it still is not finished. Who knows what it will become? (That's the fun of this genre!)

First I started by glueing paper scraps all over the page.


Then I added blue Distress Paint and spritzed it with water to drip down the page.


Next up was a layer of modeling paste through a circle stencil.


When this was dry I added some green Distress stain which randomly colored some of the circles.


And then a bit of yellow stain here and there along with white acrylic paint "stamped" on with bubble wrap (one of my favorite techniques).


This is what is looks like at the moment, awaiting many further layers I'm sure. It's all about building up layers of paints, stamps and colors until the page "speaks" to you and you feel it's finally finished.

I love playing in my art journals!

No comments: