"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, January 30, 2014

More Art Journaling Pages

Here are two more art journaling pages I've made in the past few weeks.

The first one I challenged myself to only use Distress inks, as that was what I was teaching in the art journaling class this month.  Everything on the page is Distress ink except the tiny stenciled dots (modeling paste), star and text outlines (journaling pen) and a touch of Stickles on the large stars. The background started with some Distress stains and lots of water, then I applied the ink directly to the page with a blending tool and also through some stencils (small stars and numbers). I stamped with a few different colors of Distress ink (script and lines).  When the modeling paste was applied, some of the inks (which are not waterproof) bled into the design, which added more nice color. I cut the large stars out of book text, inked them and then glued to the page. The black lines are made with a credit card and diluted black Distress ink on my craft sheet and the small black flecks are flicked with a paintbrush dipped in the same diluted ink. 



This page was inspired by a similar one on Pinterest. I happened to have several small kraft colored tags leftover from another project, still on my workspace, so I glued these to a small journal page and then gessoed over the entire surface.  Once that was dry I used Picked Raspberry Distress Paint and ran a thick, juicy line across the bottom of the page. I spritzed with water and used a paintbrush to wash the paint over the entire page, using more water and less paint as I progressed to the top of the page. This gives a nice ombre effect.  I punched a few butterflies from card stock and painted them with the respective shades of pink.  The embossed metal foil heart was also a leftover and I thought using it as the focal point grounded the page. This is very simple but I love the effect!





1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Yubba Dubba Do! I LIKE this!
SuZeQ