"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, January 13, 2014

"Cold as Ice" ATCs

One of my goals this year is to participate in more swaps and art exchanges. I used to do these often but once I started designing for the store and classes, I rarely had time to participate.

This is the first ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap of the year for an online group I'm in. The theme was "Cold as Ice" - appropriate for the weather most of the country has been having lately!

I decided to join in and created this ATC for my two partners. I saw a tutorial for a small project online using this design and I just had to make it as it seemed perfect for the theme.  The penguin was made with two sizes of ovals and a heart cut from a foam sheet and then stamped with paint. Everything else was hand drawn/painted.



Today I received my ATCs from my two partners.  This first one is from Nancy. Both the snowflake and snow are very sparkly. So cute!



And this one is from Liane. The snowflakes appear to be one large die cut and it, too, is very sparkly.!


The fun of swaps is seeing how different people interpret the theme and to exchange unique art. I love my ATCs!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

You did a great job on yours and very fortunate to receive nice ATCs, too.
SuZeQ

Nancy B said...

Well that makes it even more special knowing that it is hand drawn and painted! I have it out and I'm enjoying looking at it. Thanks Susan.