"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fabric Tag for a Swap



I've joined another online swap, this time for a fabric tag. Maybe because it's been cold and yucky lately, my thoughts have turned to spring, so I featured a sweet bird image as the focal point of the tag.  It is an image transfer onto muslin which I then layered and sewed to natural burlap, blue and white ticking, some vintage laces, and light blue rickrack on two pieces of canvas fabric. A manilla shipping tag is ensconced between the canvas pieces to give it some added stiffness.

The seam binding ribbon was dyed with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and I glued on three old buttons. The nest is some unraveled threads bunched up and glued to the tag.

I had so much fun making this that I made two more - one to keep and one to swap with a local friend.

3 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Okay ... it's beautiful and I want one!
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

super Susan ... love all the little things that make it special

Nancy B said...

This is SO pretty! I just love it! I am enjoying seeing your journal pages too. I hope things went well in Mexico.