"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 13

March Theme: Making your Mark

This week's Art Challenge: Make Custom Element

Journal Prompt: "Ride the Energy of Your Own Unique Spirit"- Gabrielle Roth




I challenged myself this week by trying to incorporate more white space on my spread. I seem to always end up with heavy layers and every inch of the spread covered, so I wanted to try a lighter look. It was hard! I guess I just naturally want to keep adding...

For this background I used Dina Wakley's acrylic paints and her technique of spreading a thin layer of paint and using a baby wipe through a stencil to remove some of the color. I did this several times with different colors creating many layers. Then I overstamped with alpha stamps and a script stamp. The drips are a spray ink.

I used a handmade stencil of myself for the custom element. I made a copy of a headshot photo and cut it out carefully. Then I sponged black paint through to create a likeness of me.

The title was stamped with two different alpha stamp sets. The days of the week and dates were also stamped and the dividers between the days are old rubons.

I added some journaling along one of the drip lines on the right, added my info for the planner section and called it done!


No comments: