"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 15

Week 15 - April 12-18

April Theme: Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)
Art Challenge: Acrylics
Journal Prompt: "Cry me a River"



This was my spread for last week using my new Dylusions paints. I love these! She formulated them especially for journal pages. They dry almost immediately (especially if you apply them with an old credit card like I did) and do not warp the pages. The colors are very saturated and mix beautifully into other pretty colors.

After scraping on pink, yellow and red paints, I added stamping with bubble wrap and white paint and black ink and one of the new Natural Elements stamps from Rae Missigman. I doodled with paint and a brush and my fingers and added marks with a bottle lid and turquoise paint. The finishing touches were added with paint pens.

I didn't want to use the journal prompt so did the opposite, creating a happy page. The "title" is: You can't skip and be unhappy at the same time", a Dyan Reaveley stamp.

This was a fun page - it's hard to know when to stop!

No comments: