"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, April 24, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 16

Week 16 - April 19-25

April Theme: Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)
Art Challenge: Monoprinting with Gelli Plate
Journal Prompt: A Lot on My Plate



 Here's my spread for the current week - finished before Saturday even!

I was so happy with the art challenge this week - I've had my gelli plate for over a year and have only played with it once or twice. This was a great excuse to get it out and plaY! The great thing is, you make the mess once and then you have oodles of prints to use in projects for a very long time.

I chose three different gelli prints from my play day to use on this spread: the main page is predominantly blue and green; the calendar side is a book page that was actually where I mopped up extra paint and cleaned off stencils (torn into strips for the 7 days of the week); and the orange scallops at the top of the page were cut from a predominantly yellow and orange print.

I liked the blue and green print a lot, so didn't add much to it. For the prompt (a lot on my plate) I decided to use the idea of keeping a balance with all the areas of our lives requiring attention. It's hard to see in the photo but I did a bit of messy journaling on the right side saying "when my plate is full I need to remember to keep a balance ... and breathe."

I used rubons for BALANCE and computer-generated the words below.

This was a quick and easy page (if you don't count the day spent gelli printing). I'm pretty happy with it even though it's not my usual color scheme. I love that about art journaling - you can challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone. It doesn't have to be perfect and is all about the process!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I *love* this page!!! It is one of my very favorites. I want a day to Gelli plate play with you...
Julie :)