Final week in April - for the background I put 2-3 colors of Distress Ink on acrylic blocks, misted with water and then pressed onto page. This gave me a random watercolor look.
The art challenge for the PAC this week was "Use a color you usually avoid." I used purple as I don't use it often. I struggled with this because of the color and it kept getting too dark. Finally I just walked away. Adding scallops cut from a piece of printed paper on the left helped some and also the white splatters. I finished it off with some messy stitching on the side to give it some texture. (This was created on an actual playing card which is the same size as an ATC/PAC.)
|Front of pocket page protector|
In my monthly pocket I added a tag I watercolored in the "Creating in Faith" workshop I took with Jamie Doughtery early in the month. The remainder consists mostly of photos of my grand boys since we spent a good portion of the month babysitting and spent one busy, fun-filled weekend with all of them.
|Back of page protector|
One fun note - I embroidered a blanket stitch on the edge of the plastic protector as some of the DLP gals have been doing. I love that it adds some fun color and texture. Will be doing that again!
As I finish up April, I am also done with Binder #1! Four months of 2016! It is bursting at the seams as you can see below with lots of colorful yumminess throughout! I love it!
Here is the very simple cover I did - a little gesso, stamps, stencil and paint and some drips. I'm cinching it together with an elastic band so it will stay closed!
On to May and the second "third" of the year. Hope I manage to get four months in the next binder!