"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

DLP unPlanner - May Week 2

Here is the weekly spread for the second week of May.


It was a fairly quiet week - no babysitting for a change!


I decided to do another Dare 2B card this month. I chose the words "patient" and "positive." We are about to leave on a 2 1/2 week adventure and I will need lots of patience and positive thoughts!

Our former exchange student's sister and her husband are arriving on May 22 in Orlando and we are meeting them there. They will visit the Disney parks and we will visit some friends there for a few days. Halfway through the week Kelly, Josh, Carl and Mitchell will arrive and stay for a few days to go to the beach.  

We will leave there on May 27, all four of us flying non-rev(!?) to Washington, DC for a week. Dana, John, Drew and Grant will spend that week with us touring DC.

Then we will fly to Albuquerque and drive the Brazilians up to Colorado to see the Rocky Mountains.    
Whew! You can see why I'm hoping for patience and positive thoughts with so many people and schedules involved.


For this month's Dare 2B card, I used collage paper for the spine, lightly watercolored the page and used the "waste" edge of the circle sticker sheet for the right side embellishment. A few stamps finished it off. 

The art challenge for the PAC this week was to use underpaper - the scrap paper you use to keep your work table clean or clean your brushes on. Usually this is thrown away but I like to keep many of mine as they end up so pretty!

Here's the card with the under paper adhered to it.



And here is the finished PAC. I added a few splotches of paint with a brush; stenciled with turquoise, purple and white paints and stamped with black. I doodled with black and white pens and used a portion of a Dyan Reaveley stamp for the sentiment.




I'm sure I will fall behind in the next several weeks due to the traveling. I am taking a small notebook to document the days so I won't forget and can transfer the information to the binder when I return. But I still will have a lot of catchup to do! And I hope to check in here sometimes.


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

As always - colorful and fun!

What's Daiso in Irving???????

xo
SuZeQ