It's time once again for another adventure! This week I will be attending an art retreat close by in Grapevine, TX. I belong to a small online art group and our 11th annual retreat is from Wednesday through Sunday. I've been to all except last year when I contracted a bad case of pink eye the night before the event!
This year's theme is "Vintage Patriotic" and we will each be creating our own personal book using that theme. I've been busy gathering and packing supplies and trying to narrow down some ideas for the book. Looking forward to seeing these lovely ladies again (we're from all over the US) and having a fun, creative weekend.
Yesterday I spent the day with a good friend making cookies for the retreat - approximately 7 dozen. These are so, so yummy and I think they look pretty cute too!
I have finished this week's PAC for my planner. The art challenge for this PAC was to use stencils.
|PAC - July Wk. 2|
Here's a step-by-step:
1. Sprayed Dylusions pink, yellow and orange inks through a dotty stencil.
2. Applied yellow paint through a herringbone stencil (hard to see).
3. Added white paint through arrow stencil and a tiny oval stencil. (The white mixes with the Dylusions inks which are not permanent.)
4. Glued and machine-stitched on "dirty" paper towel pieces for texture.
5. Attached some tiny word stickers (Tim Holtz).
6. Outlined words and arrow with black pen; ovals with white pen.
I will share my weekly view calendar upon my return as I still have several days to annotate.
I hope the remainder of your week and weekend will be creative - I know mine will be!