"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, July 29, 2016

DLP unPlanner - July

A few weeks ago I posted the beginnings of the July pages in DLP unPlanner; today I'm posting the rest of July.

July's theme was "I Vote Yes" - Saying Yes to New Experiences. Not sure how closely I followed that theme but July is done!


Below is the calendar for the second week of July when I was on my retreat.


The prompt for the PAC that week was to use a stencil. I posted this before I went on my retreat but to refresh your memory, here is that PAC.



Weekly view for third week of July. I used a darling line drawing of Lindsay Ostrom (from an ad for her class) which I colored and glued onto the calendar. I love her girls!


Week 3's PAC art challenge was to use a black background. Although it's hard to see in the finished card, I did start with a painted black card! Then I stenciled over it with a dark violet, added circle stickers and embellished into flowers with several layers of paint, rolled a chevron roller stamp with white paint over all and finished up with lots of machine stitching with orange thread. (I was trying to duplicate what Rae did for hers and it ended up being similar but different!)


The List Ten for Week 3 was to list ten favorite or meaningful gifts you've received.  I used a small piece cut off from a calendar divider I had partially used (about 5" square) and covered it liberally with paints, stencils, stamps, doodling etc. and added the list.


List Ten front

 I did the back similarly but added a vellum quote to the center.

List Ten back
Here is the fourth week (current week). As you can see, I have not filled in Sat. or Sun. yet! The background was done with scraped Dylusions acrylic paints and a light wash of white ink with a chevron roller stamp.




The challenge for this week's PAC is to use a border. I found a scrap leftover from some crayon melting/printing experiments from years ago. I glued it to the PAC base and added a cut scalloped paper border which I doodled on. I saw the flower shape in the print so outlined it with black and white pens to define it.



I included the four PACs into my planner by stacking them in half of a 4-pocket page protector. I used decorative paper and painted reinforcers for the spine with added stitching and then closed the right edge with washi  tape.



The end of the month is my favorite - the Monthly Pocket Picks (adding bits and pieces of memorabilia to a page protector to document the month).  This month I used a full page protector and added my own custom divisions with the Fuse tool. I love using black tags with white pen!  These pockets include highlights from July - Drew's 4th birthday, my annual retreat, little Mitchell's very first haircut, the Grapevine stamp convention, a few purchases and a little shaker pocket to commemorate the 4th of July.


Front


Back

Can't wait to start August!


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Especially love the girl and the blue and green flower.

You sure rocked it on this post.

Happy crafting ...
xo
SuZeQ