"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Catching up on August DLP unPlanner

I'm a little late getting to my August month divider.  The theme for the month is: "And Then Again, No - The Power of Saying No."

I used the Bo Bunny divider for August that was in the DLP kit and watercolored some of the chevrons in the borders. I watercolored a black and white dotted paper and sewed it to front of the divider. The pocket and title is made from a Bo Bunny "Calendar Girl" paper collection I had bought which has one paper for each of the months. 



The tag was "built" on a kraft card stock using many layers of paint and stamps.  I typed the theme and added it to the tag which I have done for all the previous months. The ribbon is hand-dyed with Distress ink.





 Here is the divider with the tag in the pocket.







The reverse side of the divider is the monthly calendar. Again, I watercolored the chevron border and used tiny hexagon number stickers from The Reset Girl for the dates. I added cupcake washi tape on all the days of birthdays this month. And there are a lot of them! My oldest daughter, her boyfriend, my son-in-law, my husband, my husband's favorite aunt and I all have August birthdays!






And, last but not least, is this week's PAC. The art challenge was to create a self-portrait. Uh, no, don't think I can draw that! So I decided to do an image transfer of a photo of me as a toddler. The background was a painted piece I'd done for something else so I grabbed it and did a transfer with gel medium. Unfortunately I only had gloss medium and I prefer matte, so the result is a bit shiny. Also, the face transferred onto green and a bit of purple paint so it looks like I'm a bit sickly with a Rudolph nose. But I'm going with it. The butterfly was from a piece of wrapping paper.
This definitely isn't my favorite PAC, but ...




2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

If only we could learn to say "no" more often!!!

Love the little girl with the butterfly wings.

Great Job, Susan!
xo
-S

SewPaperPaint said...

Susan your tag and journal pages are out of this world! I would never have taken you for a bright, "Dina Wakely" style of crafter, so you continue to amaze me! :) I really love it and find all of these projects very inspiring. Hugs, Autumn