"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, April 3, 2017

Art Marks #2

In January, Rae Missigman initiated a month-long "Art Marks Challenge" which involved taking a small journal and daily creating pages/marks according to given prompts.  I played along in February and posted my daily progress here on the blog.  

Now she is doing Art Marks #2 with a new 30-day set of prompts. This is the link if you would like to check it out and follow along.



I had so much fun the last time that I am going to participate in April. I made a tiny booklet of scraps - book pages, painted scraps, gel-printed scraps, product packaging, tags etc. - to use for the challenge. This time I am going to incorporate the time limit as well - 10 minutes a day to create the page. Wish me luck!

This is my tiny journal before starting. The size is 4" wide and 4.5" tall.


Open

Closed showing front cover (using Prima flowers packaging(



This is my first page (April 1).  The  prompt was "Clustered." The light blue and pink paints were already on the page. I added the dark pink pieces of paper towel. My clustered marks are the small tick marks in turquoise and pink paint pens. This took me much less than 10 minutes to do!





Day 2 - "Repeating"




The background color was already on this page. I just added the scallops cut from some of my altered address labels. The repeating marks are the little black "v's" and the raindrops (because it rained most of the day!).



1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

What a great idea! Love the raindrops, too - perfect for that day.

Happy Markings!
xo
SuZeQ