"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, June 6, 2019

"Old is New Again" Technique Tag Swap

I host a quarterly tag swap for my online group showcasing a different "old is new again" technique for each swap. May's technique was "Faux Patina Background."  In case you haven't seen this technique here is a brief tutorial and video link.

  Faux Patina Background:
Ink embossing folder with lightest ink and run thru machine. Sponge medium color ink over embossed area. Sponge darker color over embossed area. Sponge darkest color over embossed area. Sponge with Versamark ink and gold emboss. Use as background. See a video tutorial here: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/fauxpatina/

We send one tag and receive one.  For my tag I used a Paris embossing folder and four Distress Inks ranging from light yellowy-green to an olive green. I used Versamark and gold embossing powder for the final step.  I stamped another Eiffel Tower on black cardstock and embossed with black embossing powder. After fussy cutting it I popped it up on the tag. Since the embossing folder wasn't long enough for the entire tag, I stitched on a piece of black lace.



The is the lovely tag I received from Gloria. It has a touch of light blue in the background. She dyed torn muslin strips with a bit of blue also. I like the addition of cheesecloth and lace medallions under the gold heart - my style for sure!

No comments: