"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Halloween Day 5 (me!)

I was assigned Day 5.  I made these little shadowboxes out of Brie cheese balsa wood containers. I have quite a stash of these (we like Brie!) and decided to use them.


I first painted both inside and out with black gesso and then covered with a sparkly "varnish."  I added the mini ball fringe around the lip and glued on a black and white diamond-patterned ribbon around the outside edge.  The moon was cut from yellow glitter paper and I found the two little girl images online and sized them appropriately and glued together. I embellished them a little with colored pencil. They are raised from the background on several pieces of corrugated cardboard. The finishing touch is the moss, berries and tiny pumpkin glued to the foreground. A loop could be added to the back for hanging or this could be displayed on an easel (my preferred method of display).

I hope everyone enjoys them.

No comments: