"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Book Project Swap

I participated in my online group's annual book project swap this year. The book could be any size but had to have more than twenty pages and most of the pages decorated somewhat.

I gutted an old, unused journal and made a traveler's notebook style book. Instead of using elastics for the traditional spine I sewed the signature in with the three-hole pamphlet stitch. To cover the stitching and the original cover, I glued on a piece of handmade paper with floral bits that I have had forever. The inside cover (which you can see in the second photo) was too pretty to cover up. The "theme" of the book is botanical - flowers, herbs, toadstools, butterflies and birds.

This is the cover with added metal corners and a lovely green ribbon tied around for the closure.


The following photos are of some (but not all) of the spreads and not in any particular order. I added lots of pockets, flips and tags.




























This was such a fun book to put together. I had to finally stop myself from adding more!

No comments: