"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, October 3, 2021

I Believe in Santa Claus

 Christmas already? Well, you can never be prepared enough. A friend and I got together a few weeks ago  to do some "stitching." I found a large box of very old cross-stitch and primitive stitch patterns from years ago and discovered a cute, simple project to stitch.




The base is tea-dyed muslin and the stocking and star are cut from cotton fabrics and adhered with Wonder-Under (a fusible web often used for appliqué and sewing projects). I used backstitch and a dark red embroidery floss for the lettering and a dark green floss for stitching around the stocking. This is approximately 6' w x 7" h.

I mounted it on an old book cover that I cut down to size and added wide rick rack trim around the edge. It can be placed on an easel for holiday decor or a loop could be added to the back to hang it. I will give this to two of my grandsons.

No comments: