"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, May 9, 2008

Another AB spread



This is the second spread I have done for Kris' bird-themed altered book. It's a double spread with an extra page inside.

On the left side I adhered a card front that I had received a long time ago from a friend. I loved the hand-stitched bird on muslin attached to the card and had saved it. It fit perfectly!


The middle is three book pages glued together and cut into a house shape. I then slit open a padded mailing envelope, removed all the bubble wrap except at the top and inserted the book pages. The cardinal is an Internet image glued behind a hole punched out of the "birdhouse." The roof is smudged with Staz On to define it. The side is open so a bird tag slides in. On the back I attached a bird image colored with regular pastels and wrote a quote around its perimeter. I used watercolor crayons for the background and attached clear stickers at the top of the roof.


The right page was painted with metallic acrylic paint. I attached a flap on the right side from extra book pages and covered it with mulberry paper and glued on Scrabble tiles. Handmade flashcards were aged and tucked in.

Still one more spread to do before mailing this book out to the next artist next week.

No comments: