"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"The Sea" Altered Book

I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing holiday weekend and took time to remember those special American heroes, living and dead, who dedicate themselves and sacrifice so much for our freedom.


I took a little time to get one spread finished in the next book I received in the altered book round robin. This one's theme is anything to do with the sea, beach, mermaids, pirates etc. I tore several pages and inked them brown to simulate a sandy beach and added some vintage photos. The ocean and sky were painted with several blue acrylic paints. I added some water lines with white ink and wiped on a sparkle glaze to hightlight the water. For the sun I punched a hole in the page and painted the page behind with yellow acrylic paint and some more sparkle glaze. The final touch was adding some real shells and the little sand bucket and shovel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your AB spread is very good Susan!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Cute sea side ..... love the line up ... Linda F