"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday AAWA

I am a member of a small online group (AAWA) which celebrates it's sixth year tomorrow. The members are sending the group "mom", Jeri, birthday 4 x 4 squares to be bound into a book as a small token of appreciation for all she does for the group. This is my contribution, although the scan for some reason doesn't look quite square! I inked the background with two or three colors of Distress Inks, then stamped the sequin waste in white ink. It's hard to see but there are also tiny scrolls stamped all over the background in copper ink. The main image was stamped in black. The hat has three small orange sequins which I sewed on, tying the threads on top and leaving small tails. I attached the tiny tags (hand cut and inked with a soft blue) with orange brads. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AAWA!!

No comments: