"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, May 12, 2008

Last spread in AB

I finished my third set of pages in the bird themed altered book for Kris. Above is the left side of the spread. I used a collage sheet of bird eggs from Shabby Cottage Studio for the background of both pages and brushed a thin coat of gesso over it. Then I glued down some torn cheesecloth, a piece of torn corrugated cardboard, a blue ticket, scrap of lace and an old button. I stamped and colored the bird's nest and word and attached them over the cheesecloth.


On the right page, I cut a niche which I backed with the definition of "egg" from an old dictionary and glued in a half-egg wooden shape that I painted with aqua acrylic and spattered with brown. I glued on a small real branch and a stamped grouping of birds and then tucked in two feathers and the stamped quote.

These scans make the pages look washed out, but irl they are more colorful but still subtle. I like how these turned out and hope she likes them. I've mailed it off to the next person in the round robin and am awaiting the next book.

3 comments:

ghanes said...

Susan, I love your pages!!! How cool I wish it was my book.

Gloria Hanes
ART - http://fromtheheartofhanes.blogspot.com
ETSY Store - http://loves2collage.etsy.com

Veronica said...

Hey Susan email me at Vrosenshein@aol.com

Linda Manning Findley said...

love this Susan maybe more than the first one I am just not sure .... GREAT work .... Linda F