"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fun day

What a great day I had today! First, I taught a card class and then this evening I took a canvas class. I will upload a picture tomorrow when everything dries.

And I finished two more houses for the swap:


The second one - the birds - is a bit different than what I've been doing. I tried a technique that my friend Jeri wrote about on her blog, The Artful Gathering. The background was first painted with a rather thick coat of gesso and stamped into with a clean leaf stamp before it dried. After it was dry, I swiped several colors of ink across, letting it build up in the "valleys," and then wiped off any excess with a paper towel. After adhering the collage elements, I stamped leaves with a darker green ink. I like how it turned out.


And the highlight of my day was receiving a beautiful tag RAK from Jeri in my mail! She recently had a play day at her house which I couldn't attend and I was whining about not being able to make some of the neat projects they worked on. So she sweetly sent me one! I love it Jeri - thanks!

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan your Row Houses are looking great ...... we missed you at Play-Day ..... Linda F