"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello and goodbye again

I'm back from my retreat, but tomorrow I fly out early to San Francisco to meet up with my husband who was visiting on the west coast with a friend. Our son lives in SF and his birthday is Wed., so we will see him and take him to dinner. Then on Wed. morning early we will fly to Chicago and meet up with our three daughters who live there and have dinner with them before returning to Dallas early Thursday morning. Ah, the joys of flying on a SW pass - free, but you gotta come and go when the flights are open...

The retreat was amazing - 21 creative and fun women from an online group, some of whom had never met in person - all creating wonderful western-themed projects together. We made the western assemblage that I had created and posted here awhile ago, as well as a huge western matboard book, some great western tags and some hanging fabric canvases with cute hangers made from, yes, regular coat hangers. I will post photos of all these fantastic projects when I return.

No comments: