"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Purchases and Mail

This is one of the new products I found at the stamp convention a few weeks ago. It was advertised as a super strong glue for adhering embellishments, including fabric, felt, wood and metal. I've tested it out on several items I used in my western book (below) and a few other things. This is a great product! I especially like the idea that it's a glue stick and not a liquid glue! And the best part is it's inexpensive - $2.00! I haven't seen this in the craft stores yet - not sure how new it is, but you might want to keep an eye out for it.


This is another recent purchase - the Fiskars scallop border punch. I was having a hard time finding it in the stores, but a friend found it for me at Hobby Lobby! I love that it scallops and punches the holes at the same time - what a time-saver. At first I had a problem lining it up to punch a longer border, but (duh!) I finally turned the punch over and you can see what you're doing in the "window hole" on the underside. Now I can punch perfect borders. Talk about feeling silly...


Great mail arrived today. The third dress in the recent mingle I was in arrived this afternoon. This one is from Anne - thanks, Anne, I love it. This has several layers - from what I can tell, the backing is a paper with leaf inclusions on top of which she glued a text page, then a napkin and then the copper embellishments. The coppery-brown leaf ribbon is just perfect.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

http://www.createforless.com/Pioneer+Embellishment+Glue+Stick+10+gm/pid104784.aspx


there you go I found it for $1.92 a stick enjoy.....

Veronica said...

oopsss I meant a 1.72 woo hoo