"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Odds and ends

I haven't been very good at keeping up with my blog lately. Alot of deadlines have just kinda crept up on me.


I finally finished my huge sewing project for my friend, Debbie. I delivered the very last pillow today! Once she gets the four valances hung I will try to get a photo of the whole ensemble to post.


Yesterday was a fun-filled day with two girlfriends. We made a road trip to Waxahachie which is a typical small Texas town (county seat, actually) with the usual courthouse in the middle of the downtown square with cute shops around. We spent the day browsing the gift shops, antique shops and, the real reason for our visit, a large scrapbook store. What I'd like to know is how a town of about 20,000 can support two scrapbook stores (we didn't make it to the other one) and a large metroplex like Dallas/Ft. Worth has only one remaining scrapbook store!


We had a great time and found lots of goodies. I didn't see anything really new, but there were lots of beautiful papers, chipboard elements, ribbons, inks etc. I did find the new Ranger white pen which I've been searching for. Also bought a cute BoBunny word album - "BEACH" which I plan to make for our family Christmas in Mexico this year.


We had a delicious lunch - apricot chicken salad with a mini orange muffin and spiced orange tea. We searched for the famous cupcake place, but they were closed. We did find an old-fashioned freezer-style Coke machine with small bottles. You put your money in and then move the bottle through the maze to get it out. And there was a bottlecap opener thingy on the side. Anyone remember these? The funniest thing was that this was inside an old-fashioned barber shop! Someone told us to check it out, or we never would have known.


I found the sweetest little baby doll shoe in one of the stores. There was only this one tiny shoe in a bag tied with pink ribbon - I couldn't resist. The photo makes it look big, but it's less than 1 1/2 inches long. Then I found this tag which was a little pricey, especially since I could easily make one, but I bought it for the darling photo. Isn't that toddler precious?

No comments: