"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Artsy Canvas Swap

I host a quarterly "artsy canvas" swap on my online group. The canvas can be a regular canvas or a canvas board and must be between the sizes of 4"x4" and 6"x8."  For December the theme was "Remember in your heart the whispers of winter."

This is the canvas I created for Gloria. It is 5" square.


I crumpled tissue paper and glued it to the background then applied a few blue paints along with white.

The "snowflakes" are made with modeling paste through a stencil. I added dry Distress Glitter while the paste was wet.  The 3D snowflake is a plastic one from the dollar store which I also glittered.

I printed the title on the computer and glued in place.



Below is the canvas 5"x7" canvas board I received from Roxie. I love the unusual and pretty color scheme. The snow is very realistic looking.


Swaps are so much fun - I love seeing what other people come up with for the same theme.

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Susan. I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the canvas you created. It is perfect in every single way.

To Gloria: if ever you tire of it, please send it my way. Oh, silly me - I know you will treasure it forever. As you should!

Happy New Year, Susan. I know it will be a remarkable year for you.

xo
SuZeQ

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your canvas creation!! You are so talented. Love the colors with the snowflakes.