"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, December 18, 2015

I'm back - and Documented Life Project - Week 48

November Theme: Stencils, Stamps and Masks
Week 48 - Nov. 21
Art Challenge: Masks
Journal Prompt: Masquerade

I had this spread finished beforeI left for Albuquerque last week but had no time to post!

For this spread I painted a random backgtound and then used a new geometric circle foam stamp with white paint and a chevron-pattern roller stamp with gold paint. I wanted to make a colorful page that would pop when I used the masks on it. Here is the background:



I then laid down several old masks (from Tim Holtz) and painted the page with Dina Wakely "Night" paint. This color is a very dark navy - not quite black and is less stark than using a black paint.  I added "Masquerade" in gold glitter stickers and added a photo of my daughters from a trip to Venice in 2006 during "Carneval."  I journaled a bit with a gold gel pen and added gold dots for a border.



One of the reasons I'm behind on my page spreads is this little cutie. We've been keeping him for over three weeks - both at his house in Albuquerque and here in Tx. (Love those non-rev Southwest benefits!) His babysitter took a 6-week break for the holidays and left them in the lurch - not that we minded filling in!


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

LOVE the pop of gold. Oh - and nice to bring back an old friend (masks) ... you've inspired me to dig mine out.

I wouldn't mind babysitting that little fella either. What a cutie.

Merry!
xo
SuZeQ