"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 28, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 49

November Theme - Stencils, Stamps and Masks

Week 49 - Nov. 28
Art Challenge: Combine all three
Journal Prompt: "Three things in human life are important - the first is to be kind, the 
second is to be kind, the third is to be kind." Henry James

Needless to say, my title this week was "Be Kind." 



For masking I originally intended to use masking fluid to write the title before doing any of the background. But when I discovered that my never-used-but-I've-had-it-for-a-few-years masking fluid was dried up I had to go to Plan B. Instead I used letter stickers and then, luckily, was able to peel them off leaving the white of the unpainted page. I also doodled with black pen around the letters to make them pop.

I used reduction stenciling as well as regular stenciling with paints on the background. Then I stamped with paints (diamonds, "raindrops" and diamond border). The scallop borders are portions of gelli® prints I had made.

I have two more weeks' spreads to share in another post. I'm trying to get them all finished before the end of the year!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Reduction Stenciling ... hmmmmmmm. I need to learn more about this, Susan. Can you educate me?

Happy New Year!
xo
SuZeQ

Julie said...

masking fluid?
reduction stenciling?
educate me, too!

Gorgeous spread...*love* your work!