"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 52

Week 52 - Dec. 19
Art Challenge: Hidden Journaling
Journal Prompt: The greatest gift I can give myself...

Since this challenge was for the week of Christmas I decided to go with a Christmas theme. Time was short so I just created on the left page and used the entire right page for the days of the week.



I took a few process photos along the way.  I started by glueing on a pretty printed tissue 
paper that a gift was wrapped in.





Then I "stamped" with white paint and bubble wrap all over to tone it down.




For the hidden journaling, I wrote in the area that would be covered by the angel's dress.



This shows the angel decoupaged on the background. I used music paper for the dress, manila paper for the head, and gold paper covered with a layer of loosely-woven white fibrous paper.


Once that was dry I painted the head a flatten, swiped Inka Gold metallic paste over the textured wings and painted the dress green. (Sorry, got in the zone and forgot to take photos of the final steps!)

To decorate the dress I used some white and black Christy Tomlinson scallop border rub-ons along with some very old white Recollections snowflake rub-ons. The Christmas ornament border and the large 25 are also from Recollections. (It feels good to use up some of these miscellaneous items in my stash!)

I sponged on a very light white paint border around the entire angel to make it stand out more from the background. I also doodled around the shapes with a black pen, used a white paint pen to draw scallops on the wings and a gold Krylon pen for the halo.

52 weeks down - one more to go!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I love your stick-to-it-ness, Susan. You stayed with the project for the entire year.

LOVE the paint and bubble wrap technique ... must give that a try on some of those in-your-face papers.

Happy New Year - reach for the stars!
xo
SuZeQ

Julie said...

I am so in awe of you dedication to your passion of creating. You completed an entire year of weekly roladex cards in 2014 and then, went on to complete 52 weeks of DLP in 2015. I just don't know how you manage your time so well and can remain so dedicated. You are a true inspiration to me! Your art always sets the standard. And...I am blessed to have you as a close friend <3