"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, December 19, 2015

"12 Days of Christmas Gifts" Swap - Days 1 - 6

The online group I've a member of does an annual "12 Days of Christmas Gifts" Swap. We are placed in groups of 12 and assigned one day. We then make 12 gifts - one for each participant - and send them out. 12 days before Christmas we start opening our gifts - one per day. This is one of my favorite activities of the group and it's always amazing to see the creativity and thought that goes into these gifts.

I was the first day of my group and created a little art quilt hanging. I used a base of canvas cloth and layered music paper, ticking, laces, buttons, ruffled ribbon and a favorite vintage Christmas image. I dyed the seam binding ribbon hanger with Distress ink.




I love how they look all lined up before mailing!




And this is what I've received so far:

Day 2
from Julie
tiny canvas ornament


Day 3
from Alice
canvas star ornament



Day 4
from Joan
vintage Bingo card banner




Day 5
from Shellie
Cd case calendar



Day 6
from Gwynn
beaded bracelet



Thanks to all these gals for the lovely gifts. Can't wait to open the next 6!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Oh my goodness. WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!! How creative your friends are, Susan. Enjoy your gifts.

Merry!
xo
SuZeQ

Nancy B said...

I have really been enjoying the gifties and I love your little girl and her bare little bum!