"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Documented Life Project - Weeks 50 and 51

December Theme - Storytelling with the Written Word

Week 50 - Dec. 5
Art Challenge: Words, Front and Center
Journal Prompt: Life is a book. We fill the pages.



For this week's spread I wanted to use this large "I Am Artist" stencil from Donna Downey. I've had it for awhile but never had the perfect place to use it.  For "words front and center" this fills the bill!



The background started out like this. I collaged many under paper scraps and also 
the text wrap from a candle.


Then I toned it all down with some brayered white paint. I topped that with lots of stamping in black ink and the stencil in black paint.






Week 51- Dec. 12
Art Challenge: Using Quotes and Lyrics as Storytelling
Journal Prompt: "One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter."  James Earl Jones





For this spread I didn't follow the journal prompt but concentrated on using a quote. 

The background is collaged "under papers". If you're not familiar with that term it's the paper used underneath a project while painting to catch the mess! Often it is prettier than the project itself!
I added white paint with a palette knife to tone it down and blend the background together. The black and white chevron is washi tape. There's lots of random stamping with black ink.

I found the quote on Pinterest - it is watercolored by Amy Tangerine. I simply printed it and taped it in place with more washi tape.

With these spreads finished, the end is in sight! I have last week and this week to finish before the end of the year!



3 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Just fantastic, Susan ... you really are so diligent in this project. One more week to go. Wahoo!

xo
SuZeQ

Unknown said...

I love that stencil!! Beautiful work Susan.

Julie said...

I *love* Dec. 9th...Candy Cane Cookie day! :)