I'm a little late finishing up my PAC for week 3. The art challenge was to create a pocket and fill it.
I actually copied Rae's PAC for the week as I thought it was adorable. I used a library card pocket which is a bit larger than the 2.5" x 3.5" PAC. In the DLP kit we received a sheet of "artist paper" with tiny square stickers. When you remove these, you are left with a "holey" colorful paper which I used to cover the front of the pocket. In the negative spaces, I alternatively colored black solid squares and black dots. At the top I drew black stripes with a Sharpie.
To fill the pocket I made a black tag and added two tiny photos of Carl and Mitchell who I was babysitting that week. I added a bit of washi tape at the top, doodled with white pen and added a hand-dyed ribbon.
This week's challenge was to "fill your art with numbers." I started with a card that had been painted with pink, orange and white paints. First I stamped a background number stamp in black ink. Then I stamped with larger numbers in both white paint (didn't show up) and then pink paint. I used a favorite roller stamp with white paint all over the card but that was very faint also. Finally I stamped the large numbers with orange paint and outlined them with white Signo pen. I also wrote around the numbers what they symbolized. (2 for my husband and I as a couple; 5 for my children; 4 for my grand boys.)
And here they are in the page protector. I cut a 4-pocket protector in half vertically and used washi tapes on the "spine" and the cut edge. The pockets were a little too big for the PACs so I cut about 1/2 inch off the top and then sewed the bottom one up about 1/2 inch. I've been loving the variegated thread!
Still have to finish the weekly view calendar and the monthly pocket picks and then on to MAY!