I printed my second week of April on the back of the first week to save room in the binder. I scraped pink, blue and yellow paints across the page to add some color. The dates are stamped on banners I punched from security envelopes - love the tiny patterns inside these junk mail envelopes. Then I just started added stamping, doodles and stickers for the things going on this week. I finished this up early as I will be flying to Austin tonight to babysit for a few days.
I am not doing the "Dare2B" card this week. For the PAC, the challenge was to draw a face. Eek! Oh no! I thought about stamping a face but then figured that wouldn't be meeting the challenge and a challenge isn't a challenge if it's easy, right?!
I loved what Rae did for her PAC t his week. (See below.) She started with a water-soluble oil pastel background and some white paint where the face would be. Then she glued on a used tea bag before starting to draw and paint the face.
|Rae Missigman's face PAC for DLP2016 Apr. Wk.2|
So I started in doing as she did. I didn't have a tea bag so I used a piece of sewing pattern tissue - same color and a good start for the flesh of the face. I loosely drew a face with pencil and then started adding acrylic paints and then watercolors. I tried hard not to overwork it - it's not perfect but neither am I! And I do like it far better than my attempts last year! Still need a lot of practice...
I finished it off by stitching with variegated thread. The DLP gals have been doing that all year and I found some very old variegated rayon thread in my sewing stash that I am happy to use up! The colorful thread just adds a nice touch.