"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, April 11, 2016

Documented Life unPlanner 2016 - April Week 1

Here we are in April already! How time flies!

April Challenge - Reaching for Rainbows: Creating Outside the Lines

I am running out of room in the binder so I printed the monthly calendar on the back of the April divider using kraft card stock.  I used sections of the April printed divider from the kit to edge my divider and painted with Distress crayon.

 The pocket is a journal card from the April paper from the Bo Bunny "Calendar Girl" collection. (I bought a paper for each month and will be using bits and pieces from them for the planner.)  Since April showers bring May flowers, I doodled raindrops in white pen.


I am continuing to add a tag to a pocket on each monthly divider with the monthly theme on it.  For this tag I used gesso through a stencil and then added spray inks for a rainbow effect. The zigzag border is a very old sticker and I added a hand-dyed ribbon and computer-generated text.



On the back of the divider is the month's calendar. I used collage paper for the spine and half-circles for the scallop edge. I'm sure this will fill in more as the month progresses. I managed to use up more of that zigzag border too!




The first week only had three days so I used the remainder of the last week's page from March.


On the back I sewed a colorful printed transparency to form a pocket for the first week's PAC.  The challenge for this card was to use just black and white. I stenciled white paint on black cardstock, rounded the corners and machine-stitched around in black thread. Then I added a bit of fibrous handmade paper with two stamped butterflies. The top one is on vellum and just glued along the body. It fits down into the pocket and you can see it through the transparency.



I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can fit the remainder of April in this binder. Many people have already started another one!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Your work is soooooooooo inspiring.

Thank you!
xo
SuZeQ