"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

October DLP unPlanner - Weeks 2 & 3

October Theme - A Fresh Start - Clear Your Palette

Week 2 

In keeping with my "fresh start," I'm trying to use colors I don't usually use. For this week I used greens and orange. The heart on Friday is for our 44th wedding anniversary. I loved using a tiny maple leaf punch for the dates.


The PAC art challenge for this week was to start with a doodle. I used a piece of previously gelli-plated deli paper for the background and started outlining the shapes of the stencil on the paper. I continued doodling and adding color until the card was filled. It still needed a focal point, so I found this bird image among some scraps on my desk.



Week 3

For this week I used a background stamp and orange ink for the background and watercolor for the days of the week. 




This week's PAC challenge was to draw a line down the center and create two scenes on the card. After much thought, I decided to use a Jack-o-Lantern/pumpkin symbolizing the two "faces" of fall -  Halloween and Thanksgiving. The painted background was a scrap and the pumpkin was stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored. I machine-stitched down the center and wrapped fall-themed washi tape around the edges.





1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Don't know why you don't often use green and orange. You married those two colors up perfectly.

And speaking of married ... congratulations on #44.

xo
SuZeQ