"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, February 9, 2017

30-Day Art Marks Challenge - Days 4-7

Four more days of the Art Marks Challenge and the prompts:

Day 4 - Just Three
Day 5 - More Than One




I so didn't quite follow the challenge on the fourth day. The idea is mark-making and I used collage (three vintage children). I guess I did make marks with stenciling in the background but it wasn't just three! Oh well, I had fun. I tried a paint-over technique - but wishing I hadn't done the faces.  I need to keep reminding myself that this is an "exercise!"

For the right page I did the background with a gelli plate. I brayered red acrylic paint over the plate and then used my finger to write X's and O's directly into the paint. Of course, that removed the paint in those areas so they showed up white when printed on the page. Then I doodled little x's and o's in white and black pens and added stamped hearts.


Day 5 - Gridded
Day 6 - Dozens




For "gridded", I used a paint chip swatch for the background and added gold washi strips between the chips. The pear is a portion of a napkin decoupaged to the page.

Dozens was easy enough - I made a splotchy paint background and Stamped with white paint and the bottom of a flip flop. The black lines are stamped and then outlined with my favorite white pen - Uniball Signo. It needed something to "contain" the page, so I stamped and embellished the scalloped borders on the top and bottom edges. Even then it still needed something, so I added the "12" with Tim Holtz plastic numbers. (They are actually black - must have picked up a glare when I took the pic.)

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Where in the world do you find all of these challenges?

Great work, once again.
xo
SuZeQ