"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, December 24, 2017

"12 Days of Christmas" Swap

I always participate in my online group's annual "12 Days of Christmas" swap. We are split into groups of 12 and we each make eleven handmade gifts, one for each member in the group. We each are assigned a number and that is the day that our gift is opened.

The gifts are always as unique and special as each member and this year was no exception.  Here's this year's booty.

Day 1 - lavender oil (for de-stressing during the holidays)




Day 2 - wooden glue holder




Day 3 - card holder (made from mousetrap)




Day 4 - Christmas "bag" recipe book





Day 5 - gratitude notebook





Day 6 - felt ornament in shape of Iowa





Day 7 - beaded angel ornament





Day 8 - star ornament





Day 9 - butterfly pendant






Day 10 - monogramed key necklace




Day 11 - mine (see below)



Day 12 - hot cocoa, candy cane and fuzzy socks




For Day 11, I made shabby chic mini composition books. I covered them with old upholstery fabric remnants and lace. I wrapped more fabric around a vintage Santa image (one of my favorites) and added a bell and charm to a tiny knotted strip of fabric.

They looked so cool all laid out together. 




Here are a few close up -  they were all slightly different due to the charms and vintage laces.







With that, I wish you a very happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas tomorrow. We are on our way to San Diego to celebrate with the entire family. We will probably fly on Christmas Day since the flights are less full then.  I'll catch up when I get back!







2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I'm a little tardy in commenting ... sorry! Took a little time to just enjoy everything and everybody.

I just love seeing everything you received - such a great inspiration from some mighty talented ladies.

LOVE your composition books - such a beautiful image and love the vintage lace.

Now on to 2018 ... WOW!
Happy New Year.
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

I miss this swap so much! It is always such a joy. Your composition books are amazing! Susan, these are the coolest ever! What lucky recipients. Wishing you every blessing in 2018. Hugs, Autumn