"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 4, 2017

Life Documented 2017 - last week of November

We returned from Austin last night from a fun weekend. On Saturday I helped the boys make gingerbread houses (I had forgotten how frustrating those can be!) and then yesterday we rode the North Pole Flyer from Cedar Park to Bertram and back to Cedar Park. This is a 2-hr. steam engine special event excursion similar to the Polar Express and features a visit with Santa, hot cocoa, cookies with Mrs. Claus, a coloring page activity, elves reading the exclusive North Pole Flyer book, a Christmas carol sing-along and an elf making custom balloon creations. The kids had a blast!

Today I finished the last week of November in my Life Documented 2017 planner.
This will be my last entry as I will move into my December Daily for the month of December. 


The background was done with a watercolor "smooshing" technique where you add any water-soluble medium on a piece of acetate, spritz with water and smoosh onto your substrate. It's an easy way to get a unique background. 

The right page is another quirky collage using some digital collage sheets I mentioned in previous posts. I am having lots of fun with these!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I can see why the boys loved the Polar Express ... sounds like something I might enjoy, too.

LOVE this l/o - especially the little "person" on the right side.

Looking forward to seeing your December Daily!

Happy Holidays!
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

That cat is out of this world cool Susan! I just love this page. Merry Christmas, Autumn