"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 18, 2017

December Daily - Days 13 - 18

Days 13 - 14


The backgrounds for these pages are patterned paper. On the left, I added a photo and journaled a bit about my online group's annual tradition of a "12 Days of Christmas" Swap. We are split into groups of twelve and each of us makes a small handmade gift for the eleven others. We are each assigned one of the days and on the 13th of December we start unwrapping one per day. This is so much fun and one of the highlights of my Christmas so I had to devote the 13th to it. The photo shows all the gifts before I started opening.

For the right page, I had this awesome tissue border of toy soldier nutcrackers in my stash so I used it and journaled about how every year when my girls were younger we would attend The Nutcracker Ballet. I miss that - next year I need to go again!


Days 15-16



There wasn't much happening on these days so I added a beautiful Christmas postcard on the left which I've saved for years. It feels good to have a home for it where I can enjoy it.

On the right page I made a tree out of fringed and stacked scrap strips of paper. I love how it turned out but it made the page very thick!


Days 17-18



Again, not much going on on the 17th so I used an old Jenni Bowlin Christmas bingo card, tiny scrabble tile alphas and a photo of my four oldest kids visiting Santa in 1982. I did a Christmas Past page in my Dec. Daily last year (using an old photo of my siblings and I) and really love adding it.

Today (the 18th) I have an old Christmas card as a tip-in, under which I journaled that my husband went in to the VA Hospital today for a three-day observation for new heart medication. Below you can see the tip-in opened. I cut the "making spirits bright" from a magazine ad. You can see that there's no limit to things you can find to add to the album!




2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Sooooooooo memorable. Each and every page - even when there's nothing going on.

Hope your husband is okay and the meds work for him they way the docs hope.

Merry!
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

I'm sorry to hear that Bill is going through health issues and will keep him in my prayers. Oh Susan, your DD is out of this world cool! You know there's a blog where you can link up your album so others can drool over it:
http://letsdecemberdaily.blogspot.com/
PS. I mailed your journal last Tuesday. Thanks ever so much for your patience with me. I have been overwhelmed the past couple of months. I really enjoyed the RR! I hope you will love your amazing journal, I know I am crazy over mine and adore the pages you did. <3