"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December Daily - Days 1-12

I've been keeping up with my December Daily but had to wait for a few photos for one of the pages before I could post. I just love working in this traveler's notebook size and will enjoy looking back on this for years to come. You can see my cover in this post.

Days 1 and 2




Tissue paper background on left and patterned papers on right. Gingerbread house cut on Silhouette. Photos printed on my Polaroid Zip Instant Printer. Numbers for days are from a pack from Fun Stampers Journey (a new stamp company much like Stamping Up). Washi tape and old stickers!


Days 3 and 4




Left page has painted background and a flip page with more photos on back. Right page journal card is a pocket with a tag with four tiny photos (not shown).




Flip card open revealing photos with Santa.


Days 5 and 6




Not much going on these days, so I printed the story of the candy cane for the left page. The right page is dedicated to shopping for little gifts for the boys' stockings and ordering their regular gifts online. Washi tape and, again, some old stickers! The owl clothespins were bought last year at the Target $1 Spot.


Days 7 and 8





Day 7 was spent doing lots of errands. I also had to make a return at Michael's and purchased myself a little gift of Jane Davenport Aquapastels. I added swatches inside the glassine envelope/pocket.

Day 8 I baked cookies for the boys who arrived that night. They were an epic fail! The banner is from an old sticker set from Jennie Bowman, the images and phrases from a Crafty Secrets collage sheet and the little spatula from my stash from who-knows-where.


Days 9 and 10





Kelly, Josh and the boys came this weekend and on Saturday, I took Carl to Michael's for their free Kid's Club craft session. He made a darling elf t-shirt with felt and pompoms and had a blast! I couldn't resist adding that stamped elf banner.

On Sunday we all went to the Gaylord Texan ICE event and met Josh's sister and niece there. The photos from in the venue are all very blue. My phone even froze up after a few minutes because it was so cold (9 degrees)! I watercolored a journal card from Adorn It for the flip in order to add another photo and more journaling. I had to stack the photos in a waterfall in order to get more on the page. Below shows the opened flip section.





Days 11 and 12





There wasn't much going on these days - I was recuperating from the weekend! On the 11th I received a text message and photo of Drew's (5-yr-old in Albuquerque) letter to Santa. It was so hilarious that he wrote such a brief, to-the-point wish list that I had to add it to my page.

The right page has a copy of our 2017 Christmas card that I had just picked up that day. I attached it with washi tape at the top so it flips up for journaling.  The background of this page is foiled tissue paper.




I hope you enjoy peeking into my December Daily. It's such a fun thing to do every year.

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I love what you're doing! If I had an exciting life, I might just create a December Daily. LOL. Your grandboys will love looking back at this when they are older.

Keep going - you're half way there!

Merry!
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

Incredible!!! I'm wondering if this one is bound like your pink/orange journal or if you used Eileen Hull's travelers notebook die. I simply love this! It really looks like a super fun process. Wishing you and your darling family a very merry Christmas, Autumn