"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, December 1, 2017

More Collage

At the moment I'm enjoying making quirky collages (ala "craftyhodges" on You Tube).  I took her recent free mini-online class and am hooked!  I've been cutting tons of stuff out of magazines and have purchased a few of the digital collage sheets from Mischief Circus online which she recommends.

This is a recent collage I made to add to my collage journal made from an old magazine. It's a traveler's notebook size - about 8.5" x 4.25." The face and eyes are from two different magazine images, the hair is part of a plant and the remaining pieces and background are from the collage sheets.





Joanne (crafty hodges) recently posted a video with instructions for this adorable banner (here's the link - the banner starts about halfway through) . When I saw it, I just had to recreate it! It's pretty much the same as hers and was so much fun to make. This will hang somewhere in my art room.



Entire banner - quite long - spans width of two closet doors


Here's a closeup of the left portion.


And a closeup of the right portion.



When you read this, we will be on our way to Austin to celebrate our son-in-law's birthday, to babysit while they go out on a date night and then on Sunday we will be going on the Polar Express with the grand boys! Looking forward to this fun experience. I'm sure it will be very scrap-worthy!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ... cutting up mags. Interesting! You've done a great job, Susan.

Have fun on your Polar adventure with the boys!
xo
SuZeQ