"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, December 22, 2017

December Daily - Days 19 - 22

Days 19-20




For the 19th I made a pocket and added a digital image (the pickup with tree) from The Planner Society at the top. Inside I placed a tag made with coordinating patterned paper on which I wrote a story of our family's last real tree (1988). I also added a photo of said tree on the back of a journaling card.

Here's a close-up of the tags out of the pocket.




On the 20th I added a plaid paper for the background and a digital journal card from Heidi Swapp. The Merry is an old Maya Road chipboard I painted and Stickled red. The ribbon at the top is from a recent "12 Days of Christmas" gift swap. I love the chalkboard feel. I fastened it at the left side with two brads and when it lifts up I journaled about how this December Daily was falling apart and how I took it apart and added a new spine to hold all the lovely chunkiness! Next year I will have to plan better for the expansion!  I made a shaker pocket with Christmas sequins that lays over the journaling card at the bottom.


Shaker pocket tip-in



 Days 21-22





There wasn't anything memorable going on these days so for the 21st I used tissue paper for the background with two photos of a Christmas project I finally finished up that day. I had bought it at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in June, promptly covered it in papers and then just let it sit forever without finishing! The Christmas bulbs at the top of the page is an image transfer from a magazine ad.

Today (the 22nd) I used a beautiful handmade Christmas card I received last year reminding me of the reason for the season!

No comments: