"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A few more Altered Book pages

I've done these altered book spreads in the past month or two but am just getting around to posting.

The first page has a dress made from a few layers of brown paper bag mod-podged together and then embossed with the Cuttlebug. It was then spritzed with spray ink and then the embossed areas wiped with a black permanent ink pad to bring out the design. I had hoped to use a little Tim Holtz metal hanger but it was too tiny.

The background is several layers of paint and ink with embossing paste through a stencil. I then wiped a few colors of Distress ink over the embossed areas and smudged with my finger. The tag in the upper right corner is a clothing tag which was too cute to throw away!






This spread is a little weird. I used a woman's face from a magazine layered over butterfly wings and a background of paints, stamps and ink.  I found the house on the Internet and glued it to chipboard to stiffen it. It is attached to the page with a small hinge.


Under the house is a vintage group photo (Tim Holtz's found relatives) - the idea is she is thinking of these people.



Another, more colorful, spread using fashion magazine images. Flowers make the "hat" for the girl on the left page and an upside down flower pot with a little sitting figure is the hat on the right page.


For this spread I followed LorriMarie Jenkins' exclusive Patreon You Tube video. She also shared the images - not something I usually would have used but it doesn't hurt to go outside the box occasionally! I like trying different styles.


There are chipboard tags under the right page which fit into pockets created by flattened toilet paper rolls. It's hard to see in the photos but there is also gold foil on the background.


I don't have too many more spreads to do in this book. It is so stuffed it's starting to fall apart!

No comments: