"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Interactive Altered Book Spread

This is a three-page spread using images from old paintings. The center page is cut into two tags that, when flipped, reveal other images which interact with the original ones. When you flip the heads or bodies, you create other altered images. This one was fun to do but I had to work to get the heads and bodies to more-or-less match up!

Left page/man with center page/woman

Right page/woman with center page/man

"Head" enter top tag flipped to left page and "body" center bottom tag flipped to right page


"Body" center bottom tag flipped to left page and "head" center top tag over right page

Some of the images didn't extend to the bottom of the pages so I had to add the lace and gold doilies. I also added a gold crown made from a portion of the doily to one of the men and stamped a gold crown on one lady.

The background was painted with acrylic paint and then stenciled over with white paint. Then I wiped on two colors of Distress ink. I used black Stabilo pencil around the images and edges of the pages.



No comments: