"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Challenge using a Cereal Box

My online art group is doing weekly challenges this year. Last week's was to create something using a cereal box. I didn't have one but substituted a cracker box instead.

I cut the box apart at the top and bottom and along one side seam.



 
Then I cut it down to form a small box 3.5" x 5" with 2" sides. I scored and cut into the corners.




Here is the box with the corners glued together.





I covered it with paper and used washi tape on the edges to reinforce it.
Since I had one side of the box left over, I cut it to size and folded it to
make the divider. It fit so perfectly that I didn't even glue it down.



Now I have a small box to sit on my desk for all those tiny paper scraps 
that I like to save.

This isn't an amazing project but I did accomplish the challenge and it's quite practical.


No comments: