"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Gelli Plate Play

 I challenged myself to get out my gelli plates and play one day. It was messy but so much fun!

I had made a junk journal  awhile ago using just junk mail. (Is anyone else getting bombarded with cruise flyers? At least they are a good weight and make great bases for journal pages, journal cards or tags!) After I assembled approximately 12 pieces of mail, I folded each in half, nested them and stitched together with a three-hole pamphlet stitch.  Then I gessoed them to ready them for the next step.

I used my 3" x 5" gelli plate and stuck it on an acrylic stamp block. I used assorted acrylic paints, a brayer and various stencils. I used the gelli plate like a stamp and pressed it onto different pages multiple times. This is much less messy way to work! I did this over and over until I had filled all the pages with some color and pattern. 

It is now quite colorful and is a great start for 24 art journal pages. At least I don't have to worry about the blank white page syndrome!

Here are a few photos. Remember they are not finished pages, just the beginnings of backgrounds.

























If you have a gelli plate, pull it out and make some fun backgrounds!


No comments: